TKA's Dual Role
There are two primary ways TKA works with our clients:
- Research - TKA serves as an agent, acquiring and analyzing knowledge and intelligence to support business strategies
- Consulting - TKA serves as an advisor, developing strategies for optimizing knowledge and intelligence processes
Our dual roles reinforce and optimize each other: it's our extensive in-the-trenches research agency experience that best qualifies TKA to serve as your trusted research advisor.
With TKA Research — to paraphrase the old parable — we do your fishing for you. With TKA Consulting, we help you to fish for yourself.
Either way, you're assured of having world-class support for optimizing your decisions and outcomes in a competitive world.
TKA Research | Enterprise Strategic Intelligence
Within TKA Research,TKA acts as our client's agent, executing some or all major aspects of the strategic intelligence process.
- For smaller organizations - TKA designs and executes the entire intelligence process on an outsource basis
- For larger organizations - TKA focuses on a defined set of issues/topics as support for an inside team
TKA provides strategic decision support, working closely with your decision-making team.
TKA Consulting | Enterprise Knowledge Strategy
Within TKA Consulting, TKA acts as a strategic advisor to our client's intelligence process, with our client handling the execution and other aspects.
TKA typically takes responsibility for issues such as:
- Design and architecture of the research process
- Integration of existing research products and processes within a strategic framework
- Design of specific research instruments (questionnaires, interview guides, etc.)
- Coaching and mentoring of intelligence and research staff
- Design of analytic work products
- Design of policies governing research practices and ethics
- Advice to decision-makers in acquiring and using intelligence